RE: zero-digit

Subject: RE: zero-digit
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:56:04 -0000
XSLT simply refers to the JDK 1.1 spec in this area, and I for one find that
spec extremely fuzzy. But from experiment (Saxon simply uses the JDK
DecimalFormat class)

with <xsl:decimal-format zero-digit="a"/>

<xsl:value-of select="format-number(123.45, 'aaa.aa')"/>

produces

bcd.ef

which suggests that zero-digit does affect the digits used in the output as
well as those used in the format pattern.

Mike Kay