Re: [xsl] Rescuing XSLT from Niche Status

Subject: Re: [xsl] Rescuing XSLT from Niche Status
From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:00:41 -0700
> Thanks for everyone's responses.  It has definitely helped deepen and refine
> my understanding of XSLT.  I hope I haven't generated any ill will with my
> vigorous responses.  I've been following XSLT for some time now and have
> been frustrated by its slow adoption in the web application realm and am
> looking for ways to improve that situation.

Wow.  I'd XSLT's adoption has been rapid fire.  Just one year old and it has
easily a score of implementations, a huge cache of practice and techniques,
one of the liveliest programming-related mailing lists there are, and a
fully-dedicated conference.

I think it's been a remarkable success, which to shoft topic, is one of the
reasons I'm so vehemently opposed to the premature hacking apparent in the
XSLT 1.1 WD.

uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               +1 303 583 9900 x 101