Re: [xsl] nested templates?

Subject: Re: [xsl] nested templates?
From: Mark Nahabedian <naha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:49:53 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
I don't think you've clearly stated this but I'm guessing that the
semantics you want is to be able to have non-top-level templates which
are nested in other templates and are only active while the containing
template is active, sort of like the local finctions provided in many
programming languages.

XSLT is not an algorithmic language, it's a rule-based declarative
one.  If you want to specify a rule that processes "zorch" elements,
but only when they are contained within some surrounding "glrbl"
element, you can specify that behavior in the xpath pattern that's the
value of the "select" attribute of the template.  The functionality
you're looking for is available in the language, but with a different
syntax.