Re: [xsl] nested templates?

Subject: Re: [xsl] nested templates?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:35:16 +0100
> I actually did say, quite explicitly:
>
> Is it possible to nest templates, i.e. to create templates for elements, and
> nest them within on another, so I can effectively build a complete page,

that's not explicit at all. You can't nest templates, you posted an
example that had nested templates and somehow we are supposed to guess
what you want this construction to do!

> so I can effectively build a complete page,
> with some xsl sprinkled in to take care of value-of selection.

look at the literal-result as stylesheet mechanism, just write an html
page and put <xsl:value-of .../> at places you want to pull in data.

But you'll find as you learn more about XSL that using the templates
mechanism about which you are very critical is in fact more general and
more powerful than the "whole page as template" mechanism with which you
might be familiar from asp etc.

David