RE: [xsl] xpath expression in <xsl:stylesheet> element

Subject: RE: [xsl] xpath expression in <xsl:stylesheet> element
From: "Sullivan, Dan" <dsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:35:56 -0700
If you are willing to keep all you favorite namespaces and schema
location in a configuration file, for example

mySchemas.xml file

<schemas>
  <schema>
    <namespace>urn:sample:A</namespace>
    <uri>http://www.develop.com/a.xsd</uri>
  </schema>
  <schema>
    <namespace>urn:sample:B</namespace>
    <uri>http://www.develop.com/b.xsd</uri>
  </schema>
  <schema>
    <namespace>urn:sample:C</namespace>
    <uri>http://www.develop.com/c.xsd</uri>
  </schema>
</schemas>

The this transform will add the appropriate schemaLocation to an input
file (watch for line wraps).

                version="1.0">
  <!-- generic identity xform -->
  <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
  <!-- matches if document element is in a namespace, but there is no
schema locations -->
  <xsl:template match="/*[not(@schemaLocation) and
namespace-uri()!='']">
    <!-- lookup schema location from a configuration file -->
    <xsl:variable name="location"
select="document('mySchemas.xml')/*/schema[namespace=namespace-uri(curre
nt())]"/>
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:if test="$location">
        <!-- this schema is in our configuration file, so add schema
location -->
        <xsl:attribute name="schemaLocation"
namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
          <xsl:value-of select="$location/namespace"/><xsl:text>
</xsl:text> <xsl:value-of select="$location/uri"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:if>
      <!-- build out rest of document -->
    </xsl:copy>