[xsl] How do I get MSXML to STOP de-encoding text?

Subject: [xsl] How do I get MSXML to STOP de-encoding text?
From: "ComCity" <mikeb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:21:24 -0700
I'm a neebie so please be gentle....I'm absolutely positive that everyone on
this list knows more about XML than I do, but I can't seem to find any way
to overcome an obstacle I've spent over 2 weeks trying to program around.
The long and the short of it is basically "How do I get MSXML to "not"
de-encoding text?"  Do I convert it to an object using transformNodeToObject
which is something I read by Andrew Kimball who apparently has written some
MSDN articles on MSXML encoding.  That's how I originally found this list.
I don't know.....

Here's what I'm trying to do.
I'm working on a VB application that basically is a fancy License acceptance
application via UPS's new XML API to their UPS shipping tools.  The problem
is that they give me the XML License Text in an XML document and then I
transfer into a new XML document and send it back to them.  The important
thing is the license can't change (or its not valid) and they say it does
somehow.

At first I just tried assigning the accesslicense to a string and then
placing it in the XML document request but since this didn't work I tried
some other more elegant methods like.....

I've transferred the Access license from one XML document to another like
this.
XmlRoot.selectSingleNode("AccessLicenseProfile/AccessLicenseText").Text =
XmlRoot2.selectSingleNode("AccessLicenseText").Text

I've even tried using replace child to replace the node like this.
xNode2.replaceChild xNode, XmlRoot.selectSingleNode("//AccessLicenseText")

No matter what I do, UPS says the license is invalid because the text has
changed somehow.  If you look at the text before and after with your eyes,
the only difference I can see is that the original license appears encoded
where the carriage returns are black squares and as one gigantic series of
characters.  When the access license is added to the next xml document it
adds spaces and formats the text.  I wish i could post the before and after
but as soon as I post into the email, they look exactly the same.  They tell
me the only difference is that there are extra spaces in there and carriage
returns.

So, I guess what I'm trying to do is to "stop" this encoding or deencoding
altogether.  It is the only possible thing that could make these two access
licenses differ or at least that's what I'm hoping.