Re: [xsl] Xalan Encoding Problems - RETRACTION

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan Encoding Problems - RETRACTION
From: Jörg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:12:18 +0100
Hello Raul,

sorry, but I must disappoint you, but it's working for me with the current
Xerces version 1.4.3

But then ... I get only one vertical line too. I tested and searched and
tested and searched the stylesheets. At the end I can say, there is a bug in
Xalan. It's in the file barcode-EAN-logic.xsl. The value of $code-type (e.g.
'EAN-13') gets lost from the line 280 to the line 550. The value in my
testcase was '70' and not more 'EAN-13'. But that's the value of
$real-height in line 161 ('EAN-13' uses the value of <xsl:otherwise> at this
point). Changing it gives a new value to $code-type.

These are the template calling code-snippets:

<xsl:call-template name="......">

    <!-- Get the bar/space width pattern -->
    <xsl:with-param name="bar-and-space-widths">
      <xsl:call-template name="get-bar-space-width">
        <xsl:with-param name="value" select="$value"/>
        <xsl:with-param name="code-type" select="$code-type"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:with-param>

    <!-- Get the bar height pattern -->
    <xsl:with-param name="bar-heights">
      <xsl:call-template name="get-bar-height">
        <xsl:with-param name="code-type" select="$code-type"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:with-param>

</xsl:call-template>

In the first template the $code-type 'arrives' correctly, in the second one
it has the new value. More curios: Replacing the 2 <xsl:call-templates> by
each other shows, that still the first called template gets the correct
value, the second one not.

Because of this bug you are constrained to use another transformer than
Xalan. I will post this bug at Apache bugserver.

Joerg