[xsl]&ndash problem and netscape.

Subject: [xsl]&ndash problem and netscape.
From: Ling Kok Choon <kokchoon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:19:36 +0800

   i am developing a project where need to transform 1 xml to another xml file. I meet some

1) &ndash problem - the original xml is look like :

<para>July 2 &#8211; Aug 25, 2001</para>
<para>(8 weeks)</para>

and the xsl :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:output method="xml"/>

i put the output is xml

i use the command : java -jar xalan.jar -IN input.xml -XSL xslfile.xsl -OUT output.xml

the generated xml is look like :

<para>July 2 ? Aug 25, 2001</para>

is it anyway to keep the &#8211; instead of - ? because i need to use the output xml file to
render with cocoon, and when i view the page ( after process by cocoon ) with IE, the - is shown
correctly, but when i use the NS4++, the character &ndash is shown. I notice that NS4 ++ can't
support &ndash but can support &#8211.

So, any idea ?

Thank you.

Kok Choon.

Name: Ling Kok Choon
E-mail: Ling Kok Choon <kokchoon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/20/01
Time: 14:19:36

This message was sent by Z-Mail Pro - from NetManage
NetManage - delivers Standards Based IntraNet Solutions