Re: [xsl] Mysterious 'invalid character'

Subject: Re: [xsl] Mysterious 'invalid character'
From: "Ingo Mittendorf" <Ingo.Mittendorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:37:06 -0000
Thanks for your reply, David, and Peter Hunsberger's as well.

I have in fact just run my file through emacs (completely escaped my mind
that I could try that as well).

Emacs gives me an error message for the same line ("non-SGML character
number 11"). However, although the line is right, it gives me col. 89. There
are only 4 characters (letters) on that line though. There's a similar
trouble spot later on, with col. 48, and again only 4 characters on that
line; same environment, BTW (underscore = cursor):

There are many many more of these character sequences though, without
errors.

I'm sorry if I'm moving into non-XSL territory here. I've been trying to
find something useful on non-SGML characters, but it wasn't very helpful.
Where can I find out more about this?

Ingo