Re: [xsl] XSL and international characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL and international characters
From: Marcin Kłos <quosoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:28:02 +0100
Hi Jim,

First of all thanks a lot for your help.

> it could be a few things
>
> first off u are passing urlencoded data via the query string, which in my
> experience can have some rather different results with different parsers,
> being unfamiliar with apache XSLT processor i would suggest passing this
> data raw and if possible i would post with hidden form fields and a
> javascript document.form.submit(); instead of pushing it along the URL.

Unfortunately that's exactly what I'm doing :(

> 2nd off the rubbish that is coming back are entities that represent your
> character, i am not sure if its rubbish or not, because i need to see the
> original polish chars.

For sure it is rubbish because those are two characters while I'm expecting
only one charcter which is a two-byte value.

> 3rd, probably is the most likely reason
>
> <xsl:output method="html" encoding="utf-8" />
>
> which will force your transform to correctly output the character set you
> require ?

Nope. The output is in UTF-8 encoding and that's correct, but the problem is
that any two-byte values in query string are converted in-to two-two-bytes
(;-)) values, i.e., each byte being a part of a character is translated into
some value. So maybe some other ideas, please...

> good luck, jim fuller
Thanks again.

--
Greetz