[xsl] outputting &nbsp to HTML (not so final answer)

Subject: [xsl] outputting &nbsp to HTML (not so final answer)
From: Aniceto López <aniceto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:49:26 +0100
THANKS Jeni T. for your big efford teaching me.

In this case I can't use <xsl:output encoding="US-ASCII" /> due to
other important problems and many times this "<td>&nbsp;</td>" is not
the only way I have to use non-breaking space. Web design is forcing me
to use &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;... (the only way in htm to have some
" " concatenated) so I still need the "&nbsp;" and the only solution I fint is
the so hated <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&#38;nbsp;</xsl:text>

is this

  Note:   disable-output-escaping="yes" can be used to generate non-well-formed
  documents, and thus should be used with caution, since non-well-formed output
  may generate errors in certain circumstances. For example, transformNodeToObject
  to an XML document requires that the result be well-formed and thus may not
  complete if disable-output-escaping has affected the well-formedness of the document.
  Consider disable-output-escaping="yes" an advanced feature to be used only when the
  potential dangers are understood.

why some are screaming when thay see a disable-output-escaping="yes"?

Now I understand what
  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
  <!ENTITY nbsp '&#160;'>
  ]>
means but it makes no differrence to solve the problem.

Mark Nahabedian: YES I've read the extensive discussion of this topic on the
list over the past two weeks but I'm not sure YOU've read MY questions because
you're not saying enithing new so if this is all the help you can offer PLEASE
don't do it for me, I know rules of conduct and the fisrt of all is: BE POLITE or LEAVE me alone!
(create a rule in your mailsoft to sent my mails straight to deleted items please)

Thanks all but Mark

Aniceto Lopez