Re: [xsl] re-ordering nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] re-ordering nodes
From: Srinivasan Guruswami - CSIS Fellow <srini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:04:33 -0500 (EST)
> > The goal is to re-group all the <o> nodes at the first level from
> > the root node. The relative order is not so much of a concern at
> > this time.
>
> You can select all the o elements in your source document, at whatever
> level, with:
>
>   <xsl:copy-of select="//o" />

Thanks Jeni. However, it is not quite what I wanted.

"<o>" elements can nest other "<o>" elements as well, among other several
tags. It seems like <xsl:copy> will copy the entire contents of the "<o>"
element, including nested "<o>" tags. But, that is not the desired
behavior.
All "<o>" nodes should be re-ordering at the first level from the
root. Other tags inside the "<o>" elements are to be preserved in the same
parent node.

Thanks for your help,
-Srini