[xsl] Optimizing transform in java

Subject: [xsl] Optimizing transform in java
From: Daniel Fisher <daniel.fisher@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:16:36 -0500
Hello,
I've got a few questions about doing XSL transformations in Java.
I have an application which stores a JDOM object in memory and transforms the object to HTML for viewing.
I'm currently using the Xalan transformer (org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl) for the transformation.
Is this the best transformer for a JDOM object?
It doesn't seem like it would be since it extends javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXTransformerFactory,
which is a SAX transformer.

My second question is about XSL stylesheets.
When I do a transformation I am always showing a small section of the XML document.
When the XML document gets large you still see the same data, but the transform takes longer.
Is there any way to speed up a transform by passing a XPath parameter to the stylesheet?
Currently I just select certain nodes in my apply-templates tag.

Thanks.
--
Daniel Fisher