Re: [xsl] line feed problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] line feed problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:45:39 GMT
> I am reading an XML document and the line breaks and white spaces that were
> there are not being processed by my XSL sheet.

what do you mean by not processed?  All the text of the Dept_Hours,
including the white space will have been copied to your <TD> element,
look at the resultig html file.

Of course, newlines and runs of spaces will just appear as a single
space if you look at that table in an html browser.

If you want newlines to be typeset as such then you will need a <pre>
element or a suitable css2 property. Alternatively you'll have to write a
transformation to replace every newline character by a br, or a new
table cell, or whatever it is you want.

David