RE: [xsl] spaces in output html

Subject: RE: [xsl] spaces in output html
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:13:27 -0000
[b] should work. [a] and [c] shouldn't, because all you've done is to invent
elaborate ways of creating a whitespace-only text node in the styelsheet,
which the XSLT processor will always ignore.

If [b] doesn't work, then one possible reason is that you are using
Microsoft's MSXML3 and built the stylesheet without using
preserveSpace=true, so the whitespace within the <xsl:text> element will
have been eliminated by the DOM parser before the XSLT processor gets to see
it.

Mike Kay