RE: [xsl] Re: Re: An issue with XPath 2.0 sequences (Was Re: RE: Muenchian method, and keys 'n stuff)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Re: An issue with XPath 2.0 sequences (Was Re: RE: Muenchian method, and keys 'n stuff)
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:27:56 -0000
> Also as Jeni pointed out the weird case of sequences changing their
> cardinality when mapped by a function that may return the null
> sequence...

Or when mapped by any other function that doesn't preserve the cardinality
of its input. A function that returns two items for every supplied item
works in exactly the same way as a function that returns zero items for
every supplied item: at least it's consistent! And it's also consistent with
the behaviour of the "/" operator in path expressions, which I haven't heard
anyone complain about.

Mike Kay