Re: [xsl] XPath floating point arithmetic

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath floating point arithmetic
From: Jeff Kenton <jkenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:10:12 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Richard Jinks wrote:

..Hi
..
..Can someone ease a bit of confusion for me, please?
..
..In relation to XPath, what would the answer be to the following operation:
..
..5.46 mod 2.6
..
..Should it be
..
..a) 1 (implying the numbers are rounded to nearest integer, then 'mod'ed)
..b) 0.26 (implying some sort of floating point mod operation)
..

The XPath spec says that mod is exactly equivalent to the Java % operator.
If this also means it is the same a the C % operator (I don't have a Java
spec handy), C only applies % to integers, suggesting that XSLT would
round input values to integers before applying the mod operation.

--jeff