Re: [xsl] Variable containing tree

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variable containing tree
From: "Filipe Correia" <filipe.correia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:49:41 +0100
  Hello again,

>then $var = '' would also be true because the string value of the root
>node of the result tree fragment (the concatenation of all the text
>node descendants of the RTF) is empty.
>
>If you want to test whether the result tree fragment's root node has
>any children ...

yep, thats what I want to do...

>  (If you just want to copy the
>result, then use xsl:copy-of.)

    It works, using xsl:copy-of I get the result I expected. thanks!
    but using <apply-templates> should also work right?

>Note that $var/node() gives you a node set of the nodes under the
>result tree fragment's root node; it appears as if these are the nodes
>to which you wish to apply templates.

   yes, those are the nodes i wanted to apply the templates to.
   I've also tried to use $var/node() but I got the root node in the tree fragment.
   My tree fragmente was something like this:

      <node1>
         <node2>
            <node3/>
            <node4/>
         </node2>
         <node5/>
      </node1>

so the result I got when invoquing <xsl:apply-templates select="$var/node()" />
 was only  <node1/> instead of the entire tree.

      Cheers,

           Filipe