[xsl] disable-output-escaping not working?

Subject: [xsl] disable-output-escaping not working?
From: "Henry E. Lee, Jr." <henrylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 07:58:24 -0400
Hello all,

First I would like to say I am new to XML/XSL, please bear with me!

Second, I did look through all of the archives before posting, and I did
find the solution to my problem, except that part of it does not work.

I am creating an application that will use XML/XSL to display data for
message boards, news items, etc. As a result, it is imperative that I allow
people to insert HTML directly into my XML documents.

So far to do this I have tried two different techniques. The first was to
use commenting like so:

<message>
  <!--
  My HTML can go here with line breaks<br>
  and <b>bold</b> font.
  -->
</message>

The second technique I tried was the CDATA like so:

<message>
  <![CDATA[
  My HTML can go here with line breaks<br>
  and <b>bold</b> font.
  ]]>
</message>

In my XSL document, I have been trying to use disable-output-escaping="yes"
but it seems to be getting completely ignored. I have tried using:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>
  <xsl:value-of select="message/comment()" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I have also tried a variety of other things as well. Of the ones that work,
they all display the HTML without interpreting the tags and such.

Thanks so much for the assistance,

Hank