Re: [xsl] Xalan-J 2 and getParameter(...) method returns null???

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan-J 2 and getParameter(...) method returns null???
From: Johannes Döbler <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 16:58:05 +0200
from the Trax documentation:

public abstract java.lang.Object getParameter(java.lang.String name)
Get a parameter that was explicitly set with setParameter or setParameters.
This method does not return a default parameter value, which cannot be determined until the node context is evaluated during the transformation
process.
Returns:
A parameter that has been set with setParameter.

Cheers,
Johannes

Hello,

I am trying to get a parameter from an xsl stylesheet using the getParameter method using the org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl class. In my xsl style sheet I have listed as a top element:
===
<xsl:param name="someparam">somevalue</xsl:param>
===

but in trying:
===
Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer(new StreamSource("c:\\temp\\temp.xsl"));
transformer.getParameter("someparam");
===

I get null back! Shouldn't I get back the string 'somevalue'. Does it only work when setParameter(...) gets called? then How do get the value back from the stylesheet??

I am using Xalan-J 2.4.D1

Thanks again,

Sean.