[xsl] sending parameters with apply-templates doesn't work?

Subject: [xsl] sending parameters with apply-templates doesn't work?
From: "Mattias Konradsson" <preacher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:50:01 +0200
Hmmm am I doing something really stupid here?

What i need to do is to send a parameter with an apply-templates call, like
this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document($querystr)"><xsl:with-param
name="selectedcategory">1</xsl:with-param></xsl:apply-templates>

which is then picked up by this template:

<xsl:template match="bookmarkcategories">
  <xsl:param name="selectedcategory"/>

This generates no under the .Net on the MS platform parser but the parameter
doesn't get passed either, is it a parser bug or something I'm doing? Any
workaround
possible, can't come up with another good way to pass an parameter to a
attribute set fetched through document...

best regards
---
Mattias Konradsson