Re: [xsl] sending parameters with apply-templates doesn't work?

Subject: Re: [xsl] sending parameters with apply-templates doesn't work?
From: "Mattias Konradsson" <preacher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:17:57 +0200

> The syntax is valid and should work, but I think
> you're running into problems because of document()
> in the select -- this matches the root node of
> the document in $querystr, *not* the bookmarkedcategories
> nodes. Do you have a template
> for the root node that also has the param?
> Something like this:
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
>  <xsl:param name="selectedcategory">
>  <xsl:apply-templates>
>   <xsl:with-param name="selectedcategory" select="$selectedcategory"/>
>  </xsl:apply-templates>
> </xsl:templates>
>
> If not, what is happening is that the param isn't getting
> passed to the template for bookmarkedcategories.
>
> Sara

That shouldn't be a problem, the document function returns  a nodeset with
bookmarkedcategories as root... and the rest of that template gets rendered
correctly, and
there's no collision of parameters either... sigh I sure hope this is human
error rather than the parser :)

best regards
---
Mattias Konradsson