Re: [xsl] variable from file

Subject: Re: [xsl] variable from file
From: "Vasu Chakkera" <vasucv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:47:38 +0000
hi
You can pass the session id as a parameter to the XSl and then make use of that parameter to create a folder(with sessionid as its name).. is there any file that you want to put in that folder?
Because the following is what i think can be done..
Redirect Function outputs a file (in a given directory)..
as follows

xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan";
xmlns:write-to-file="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect"
extension-element-prefixes="write-to-file"
version="1.0">
<xsl:param name="dirname"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:variable name="file" select="concat($dirname,'MyFile','.txt')"/>
<write-to-file:write select="$file">
<xsl:value-of select="'file-contents'"/>
</write-to-file:write>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

and you can pass the session id as a parameter to the XSL
The output will be dirname/filename.txt

This is what i think can be done..
Hope This helps
Vasu