[xsl] semi-OT: XSL and XML to transform a standard site

Subject: [xsl] semi-OT: XSL and XML to transform a standard site
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:33:18 -0700
Hi,

I have been working on a way to standardize site creation. I am hoping this is
useful for many projects/sites. I do this for our livestoryboard tool but the
way we build the XSL/XML can be utilized very easily outside the tool. These
stylesheets create W3 compliant HTML (the CSS is not fully compliant currently
but works in several browsers). They do not use tables for layout (but you can
still have artistic sites). Any XML content can be used, but the XSL is by
default set up to handle the content Schema that comes with the download.

The download contains XSL to transform a variety of page layouts and optionally
give them things like snailtrails, TOC, pagers, etc. Here is a link to a little
more info and download link for the XSL, XML and CSS in total as a tar.gz.
http://docs.livestoryboard.com/en_us/manual/Overview.html

There is the start of some docs for the configuration XML at:
http://docs.livestoryboard.com/en_us/manual/config/Overview.html

starting docs for the XSLT:
http://docs.livestoryboard.com/en_us/manual/XSL/Overview.html

An example of how you can transform a page from the commandline is:
$ java  -jar saxon.jar site.xml basic_3col.xsl page_idref=siteindex

I would be very interested in what people think about this setup. If it does not
have to do with the XSL, please respond to me offlist at rob@xxxxxxxxxx or
rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thans for your interest,
-Rob