[xsl] SVG with FOP help

Subject: [xsl] SVG with FOP help
From: "tpass001" <tpass001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:35:51 -0500
I have used FOP to create and display all the format types like PDF, MIF,
PCL etc. except SVG and I must say that I am impressed with the software.

I need some help with the SVG Renderer. I am not sure that I am doing this
right.The code that I use is

try {
  String xsl = new String(getServletContext().getRealPath("/") +
"webSVG.xsl");
   res.setContentType("image/svg+xml");
   Driver driver =new Driver();
   driver.setOutputStream(out);
   driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_SVG);
    Source xslSource = new StreamSource(new URL("file:" +
xsl).openStream());
    javax.xml.transform.Transformer transformer =
tFactory.newTransformer(xslSource);
    Source xmlSource = new StreamSource(new StringReader(xml));
     transformer.transform(xmlSource, new
SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler()));
    cat.debug("RMSServlet:transformToSVG, fails b4 this line");
    byte[] content = out.toByteArray();
    res.setContentLength(content.length);
    res.getOutputStream().write(content);
   res.getOutputStream().flush();
 } catch (Exception ex) {
   throw new ServletException(ex);
    }

When I try this I get the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument error, though I have the batik.jar in my
classpath.

I am not sure that I am using the right xslt. Does anyone have links to
online examples of transforming xml to svg using xslt. my xml is very basic
and does not need formatting or anything.

Help will be very much appriciated.

Thanks

TP