Re: [xsl] data structure in xslt?

Subject: Re: [xsl] data structure in xslt?
From: Trevor Nash <tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 11:28:18 +0100
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:58:37 -0400, Zhiyong wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I am using xslt for code generation from xml document. I need to maintain a
>data structure to remember a list of special nodes I have visited before. Is
>there any way in xslt which can address this issue?

Take a look at Sock, at http://www.melvaig.co.uk.  This is a general
framework for writing code from XML documents, and already has a
solution for the problem you mention (its called a 'sorted sink').
There is an example of how to generate 'import' statements in Java
which seems to be the same kind of thing you describe.

Sock also solves a few problems you are likley to come across next -
XSLT in its raw form is not ideal for code generation.

Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx