[xsl] keeping source element after template applied?

Subject: [xsl] keeping source element after template applied?
From: leinfidel@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Kevin Del)
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:41:15 -0500
Hi,

I have a document in which I'd like some elements to remain intact, after I've applied a transformation template to them.

The reason is that there's more than transformation that has to be made, by other matching templates, to this element before it can be removed.

I want to do:

xsl template match="myElement"
do one complex thing

xsl template match="myElement"
do another complex thing, and let element be removed

I'm not seeing any provision for this, is there a way to do so?

thanks
Kevin

p.s.
If you want to know why i need to do this, it's because when served to the device, the elements can be followed down more than one path.

The source doc is served to a engineering device, the paths down the doc are determined by user choices.

So this can be documented, but I need to apply more than one transformation to the elements that are at the start of the choice paths.