Re: [xsl] keeping source element after template applied?

Subject: Re: [xsl] keeping source element after template applied?
From: Jeff Kenton <jkenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:58:17 -0500
Kevin Del wrote:
Hi,

I have a document in which I'd like some elements to remain intact, after I've applied a transformation template to them.

The reason is that there's more than transformation that has to be made, by other matching templates, to this element before it can be removed.

I want to do:

xsl template match="myElement"
do one complex thing

xsl template match="myElement"
do another complex thing, and let element be removed

I'm not seeing any provision for this, is there a way to do so?

Try: <xsl:template match="myElement"> <xsl:call-template name="do first thing"/> <xsl:call-template name="do second thing"/> </xsl:template>

Also, see Wendell's reply. You have some confusion in your understanding and/or terminology.