[xsl] conflict resoltion for template rules when importing stylesheets

Subject: [xsl] conflict resoltion for template rules when importing stylesheets
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:30:52 -0000
When using xsl:import to import base stylesheets into a specific one, is
it possible for the templates within the base stylesheet to be
considered on an even level with the ones in the importing stylesheet
when a match conflict occurs - much like using xsl:include?

I must use xsl:import for another aspect of the processing, but I would
also like say

template match="root/node" in the imported stylesheet to be chosen over:

template match="node" in the importing stylesheet when applied to data
like

<root>
  <node>foo</node>
</root>

Currently, all imported templates are eliminated in the first round of
conflict resolution.  I would like some feature like @priority that
would apply when using xsl:import - is there any way of achieving this?

cheers
andrew