Re: [xsl] BreakPoint in an xml document

Subject: Re: [xsl] BreakPoint in an xml document
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:31:03 -0700 (MST)
Chandra - wrote:
> Hi all,
>    First of all, WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.
> Heres my question:
>   I am currently converting one xml file into another using a XSL
> stylesheet. However, the original xml file  contains a tag which is like a
> "break point". Anything tag below this breakpoint shouldn't be
> processed.
>   For eg:
> <level1>
>   <level2>
>   </level2>
>   <level2>
>   </level2>
>   <level2>
>     ...<BREAK>BreakPoint</BREAK>
>   </level2>
>   <level2
>   </level2>
>   <level2>
>   </level2>
> </level1>

I'm not sure what XPath expression you're currently using to select
nodes for processing, but this one would select all level2 elements
up to the one that contains the BREAK (not inclusive).

  /level1/level2[BREAK]/preceding-sibling::level2

Does that help get you going in the right direction, at least?

Mike

--
  Mike J. Brown   |  http://skew.org/~mike/resume/
  Denver, CO, USA |  http://skew.org/xml/