RE: [xsl] Max size?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Max size?
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:41:51 -0000
Yes, this is another interesting approach. I've got users who have
implemented something like this by interfacing Saxon to the persistent
DOM from Infonyte, they are apparently transforming 200Mbyte documents,
but I've no idea what performance they are getting.

In the longer term I'm sure we will see XSLT processors that access XML
databases natively rather than relying on the input tree being in
primary memory: this is one reason why the synergy between XSLT and
XQuery is so important.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx