Re[2]: [xsl] sax or dom in XSLT procesing ?

Subject: Re[2]: [xsl] sax or dom in XSLT procesing ?
From: Andrey Solonchuk <solo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:28:19 +0200
Hello Sherzod,

SR> I don't think it was a fair answer. Both tokenizing and tree processing have
SR> their pros and cons. Advantages of SAX are:

SR>   * Low memory (as mentioned), thus faster
SR>   * Better keyword searches

SR> Disadvantages of SAX are:

SR>   * Easily forgets previous elements it worked on
SR>   * Not easy to re-order elements
SR>   * Cannot validate an XML document
SR>   * Canot easily verify ID-REF links
I only need this document to transform it with xslt processor
I build document in plain order from list (or array) (all records)

SR> First figure out what it is you're trying to achieve. Size of the documents
SR> you're planning to work on is very important as well!
yes, but i didn`t know size now,
i search answer how to waste much mode memory. some of question is if
xslt processor (i use xalan) build full tree of data before start
transform ?

SR> In fact, SAX-like processors are used to produce DOM-like processors.

SR> Sherzod

Best regards,
 Andrey                            mailto:solo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx