Re: [xsl] XPathEvaluator in SAXON?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPathEvaluator in SAXON?
From: Liu Shuai <shuai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:51:13 -0500
Thank you for you response.
I was reading the API/Sample app for XPathEvaluator in Saxon 7.4 and I found the evaluate() method will return a List of NodeInfo.
If I want to find out the node(s) using the xpath and then be able to upload the value in the .xml document, can I do that through NodeInfo? If not, is there a way that I can construct a DOM Node object based on the NodeInfo?

Thanks again for your time.
LS

Michael Kay wrote:

In Saxon 7.4, look for the class net.sf.saxon.xpath.XPathEvaluator -
there's an overview in the file api-guide.html and of course full
JavaDoc documentation.

In Saxon 6.5.2, the API is less well defined, though it's still possible
to achieve the result. The sample application ShowBooks.java will point
you to some of the interfaces you need to use.

Michael Kay