Re: [xsl] XPathEvaluator in SAXON?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPathEvaluator in SAXON?
From: Liu Shuai <shuai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 22:49:21 -0500
Michael Kay wrote:

Thank you for you response.
I was reading the API/Sample app for XPathEvaluator in Saxon 7.4 and I found the evaluate() method will return a List of NodeInfo.
If I want to find out the node(s) using the xpath and then be able to upload the value in the .xml document, can I do that through NodeInfo?

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "uploading the value in the .xml document". If you want to get access to the string-value of the node selected by the XPath expression, you can do this using the method getStringValue() on the NodeInfo object.

Thank you for your response.
Sorry I didn't state it clearly. It seemed to me thet NodeInfo is for display purpose(excuse me if I am wrong), because
from the interface in NodeInfo class, I can see only getter but no setter methods. (i,e I saw the getStringValue() but not setStringValue())

What I was looking for is some class that takes in a Docment object and a XPathExpress object, then evaluate the document against the xpath and then return a collection of matching Node objects, sothat I can change the value of the nodes and save them back to the document file.

If not, is there a way that I can construct a DOM Node object based on the NodeInfo?

Saxon comes with three tree implementations: the standard tree, the tiny
tree, and the JDOM tree. In the first two, the implementation of
NodeInfo also implements the DOM Node interface, so you can cast the
NodeInfo to a Node.

Great, but how do I specify which implementaion to use? I will look into it and give it a try, too.
Thanks again for your time.

LS