[xsl] White Spaces

Subject: [xsl] White Spaces
From: "Karl Stubsjoen" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:16:08 -0700
Hello,

I have a template rule which builds an HREF tag.  I pass in 3 paramers, an
special ID, display text, and the HREF value.  This is all good, and working
the way I'd presume except for the white spaces.  I'm getting a lot... but
don't understand.  I was assuming that they wouldn't be there at all (by
default).  Am I now forced to normalize-space?

Can I set my template rule (do we call them "template rules") to normalize
the spaces, or do we have to call another template rule?

Here is my template rule:
    <xsl:template name="makeUrl">
      <xsl:param name="Display"/>
      <xsl:param name="meetid"/>
      <xsl:param name="Query"/>
     <a>
         <xsl:attribute name="href">
         results.asp?ax=9
            <xsl:if test="$meetid!=''">
             &amp;meetid=<xsl:value-of select="$meetid"/>
            </xsl:if>
            <value-of select="$Query"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
         <xsl:value-of select="$Display"/>