RE: [xsl] Documenting XML -and- viewing an XML tree in IE

Subject: RE: [xsl] Documenting XML -and- viewing an XML tree in IE
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:46:26 +0100
>(My plan - if I can get this stylesheet to work - is to add, say, a
><description> tag inside each element in the XML file (where the
><description> tag itself contains XHTML), and add code to the XSL-T to
>allow
>the <description> contents to "pass thru"... the idea being that I can
have
>XHTML descriptions of the XML tags appearing in this
expandable/collapsible
>view... does this make sense?)

probably do something like this:

have a namespace declaration in your xsl:stylesheet tag

xmlns:h="www.namespace.org/mytempnamespace"

then have the following template:

<xsl:template match="h:*" priority="5">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

then if you had the following

<tag>
this is an <h:b>important</h:b>  tag
</tag>

you would end up with the the b tag being copied through. This is
actually some stuff I've thought about, having some communal resource
where people could pick up versions of defaultss.xsl that was customized
for different effects.