RE: [xsl] Documenting XML -and- viewing an XML tree in IE

Subject: RE: [xsl] Documenting XML -and- viewing an XML tree in IE
From: Graham Hannington <Ghannington@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:13:33 -0000
Bryan,

Thanks! I've saved that IE stylesheet you sent me to an xmldoc.xsl file, and
I've added the following line to an existing XML file (that displayed okay
using IE's default stylesheet, before I added this line):

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="xmldoc.xsl"?>

However, now when I open the XML file, IE displays:

<?xml-stylesheet   type="text/xsl" href="xmldoc.xsl"?>
+<Level Name =" level 1 " >

with the + symbol shoved beyond the left margin, so that it's only partially
visible.  (And it looks like it all needs a little CSS attention.  Where
does this stylesheet expect to get its CSS from? I don't see any CSS
definitions in the XSL-T.)

When I click the (underlined) "+" character, IE reports an error on the
page:

Line 4, Char 1: Object expected.

Any ideas?

(My plan - if I can get this stylesheet to work - is to add, say, a
<description> tag inside each element in the XML file (where the
<description> tag itself contains XHTML), and add code to the XSL-T to allow
the <description> contents to "pass thru"... the idea being that I can have
XHTML descriptions of the XML tags appearing in this expandable/collapsible
view... does this make sense?)