RE: [xsl] where does one stick the doctype?

Subject: RE: [xsl] where does one stick the doctype?
From: "Kovach, Dave" <dave.kovach@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:03:04 +0100
in follow-up... now I get an error of:

XSL Error-2146697211

The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/loose.dtd'.

after placing: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/loose.dtd";> just before the <xsl:stylesheet>
definition...

help

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Kovach, Dave
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 10:44 AM
To: 'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [xsl] where does one stick the doctype?

Hello -

so I am trying to place a DOCTYPE declaration in my XSLT,
but can't get it to render correctly - get errors like:

---
XML error
Cannot have a DOCTYPE declaration outside of a prolog.
---

I have tried sticking it everywhere I can think...
using MSXML as the parser for xml and xslt... I have xhtml
templates that feed into a master xslt template document.

This brings me to this problem(?) - my outputted html
actually has:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:apt="http://www.somedomain.com/applicationpagetemplate"; xmlns:module="http://www.somedomain.com/modules"; xmlns:modtag="http://www.somedomain.com/smart/tags"; xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"><xsl:template
match="pp">

as the opening tag before the <html> tag. Is this normal? or ok?

thanks for any tips and straight out help..

Regards,

David