Re: [xsl] where does one stick the doctype?

Subject: Re: [xsl] where does one stick the doctype?
From: mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:47:35 -0800
Hi Eliot,

I understand that a DOCTYPE declaration can contain any valid element in
the DTD.  But I'm wondering if there's a way that XSL can insert this
element name when it creates the declaration via xsl:output or
xsl:document.

Mark Fletcher
PeopleSoft Language Engineering
925.694.3753
mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "W. Eliot Kimber"
                      <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>                To:       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:  Re: [xsl] where does one stick the doctype?
                      rrytech.com

                      03/20/2003 12:46 PM
                      Please respond to xsl-list

mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> For example, if the top-level element in the DTD is 'book', the DOCTYPE
> declaration in the output will look like <!DOCTYPE book...

There is no concept of "top-level element" DTDs--any element in the
declaration set can be a root element. So just name the one you want.

The closest you can get to defining top-level elements is elements that
are not allowed in any other content models. But you could have any
number of those in a given declaration set.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@xxxxxxxxxx