Re: [xsl] how to insert the *complete* content of a node

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to insert the *complete* content of a node
From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:19:06 -0500 (EST)
On 21 Mar 2003, danilo wrote:

> Actually I do concern about attributes, so the proposed solution did not
> fit at all with what I need (but thanks a lot anyway!!)
> So I'm still trying with some other solution.
>
> Ah the:
> <xsl:template match="mytag">
>   <xsl:copy>
>     <xsl:copy-of select="*|@*"/>
>   </xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>
>
> Still does not work.
> I Do not want to print the outer tag (mytag in the example)

if you don't want to copy over the <mytag> tags themselves,
are you saying that you want its original child elements to
now be children of what used to be its parent?  are you sure?

try one of these:

1)

 <xsl:template match="mytag">
  <xsl:copy>
  </xsl:copy>
 </xsl:template>

2)

  leave out the <xsl:copy> and </xsl:copy> as an attempt
  to omit the <mytag> tags themselves, but i'm leery of what
  your eventual tree is going to look like.

rday