Re: [xsl] XSL to XSLT conversion issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL to XSLT conversion issue
From: S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:40:17 -0400
On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 03:20 PM, Jim Hart wrote:

I want to convert:

[ index() $gt$ context()!index() ]

to something equivalent in XSLT. In MSXML docs, it says that context() is equivalent to context(-1). At topxml it says that current() in XSLT is equivalent to context(-1) in XSL. I know I can use > in place of $gt$ and position() in place of index(). However, there's no equivalent for the "bang operator" (!) and position() won't take an argument. So, I can't figure out how to get the position() of current().

What is this supposed to do? > or &gt; or &lt; will also work as operators. What did the bang do in MSXSL? There certainly is a bang in XSLT, as in != (not equals).

As far as getting the position() from current() (the XSLT context rather than the XPath context) not sure how you'd do that. You may need to refactor, it certainly should be doable. I don't suppose current()/position() works?

simon

-- www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel