Re: [xsl] preceding sibling headaches

Subject: Re: [xsl] preceding sibling headaches
From: Paul Tremblay <phthenry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:48:04 -0400
Thanks. Both methods worked. I understand the name function (at least
now), but how does this line work:

I get from this:

(1) Look at the preceeding-sibling axis

(2) Look at any node in the preceeding-siblings

(3) Look at the previous node

But I am a bit confused by the syntax after the "/". I thought that once
you used a predicate ([1]), you couldn't go any further in detail. (This
is what baffled me.)

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 08:40:49AM +1200, Conal Tuohy wrote:
> > Paul,
> > try changing the test to this:
> > <xsl:when test = "name(preceding-sibling::*[1])='transition'">
> Or "preceding-sibling::*[1]/self::transition" which also means "the first
> preceding-sibling node, if it is a transition", without requiring the
> "name()" function-call.
> > I think the way you have it now simply returns the first previous
> > occurrence of a 'transition' element rather than testing to
> > see if the
> > immediately previous element is a 'transition' element.
> agree.
>  XSL-List info and archive:

*Paul Tremblay         *