RE: [xsl] How to put node value into an attribute

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to put node value into an attribute
From: Sundar Shanmugasundaram <SSHANMUGASUNDARAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:17:06 +0530
YOU could use

<input type='text' name='{@name}'/>

sundar

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Propf [mailto:gpropf@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 10:41 AM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [xsl] How to put node value into an attribute

I am trying to get the value of an XML node into an attribute of a tag
that I am generating in XSL.  The idea is something like this.

<input type='text' name='<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>'/>

Where the xsl:value-of (this is within a template) becomes translated
into the value of the input attribute in the output.  This does not
work, however.  I get this from xalan.

Line 18; Column -1; XSLT Error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Use "&lt;" for "<" in attribute values.

What is the correct way to do this kind of thing?

--
"Firing people can give you a pretty good buzz, but it's a poor, poor
substitute for killing.  I realize that now" - Dale Gribble