RE: [xsl] effort to port Saxon7.x to JDK1.3

Subject: RE: [xsl] effort to port Saxon7.x to JDK1.3
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:00:27 +0100
This question really belongs on the Saxon list rather than here.

The only dependencies on JDK 1.4 that I know of are (a) use of the
regular expression functionality, which is quite localized and which you
should be able to remove quite easily, (b) use of the CharSequence
class, which occurs in a few places which would need to be addressed
individually (usually by code that accepts either a String or a
StringBuffer), (c) use of java.net.URI, which would have to revert to
java.net.URL.

Michael Kay