RE: [xsl] Import HREF

Subject: RE: [xsl] Import HREF
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:19:48 -0400
[Karl J. Stubsjoen]

> With xsl:import... the following HREF specification resolves
> to a file in my
> utility folder off of my root directory:
> href="../../../utility/dbXMLContent_T.xsl"
>
> I don't believe this can be written as:
> href="//utility/dbXMLContent_T.xsl"

You are right, that is invalid.

> But is there any other way to get to the root folder of the web page?

You can have either a relative URL or an absolute one.  A relative URL
depends on where the invoking page is (so your first for will work for
calling documents that are in the right directory, but not for others in
different locations).

What do you mean by the "root folder of the web page"?  And what are you
trying to accomplish that is not working now?  Do you want to put a
stylesheet PI into an XML file?

If you are going to refer to the stylesheet from a lot of different
locations, you could put it in a "stylesheet" directory just under the
server's root (or under some virtual root below that).  Then it would be
easy to use a known path, like this -

href='/stylesheets/project1/dbXMLContent_T.xsl'

Cheers,

Tom P