RE: [xsl] When does sort occur?

Subject: RE: [xsl] When does sort occur?
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:15:34 +0000
Thanks, both Jarno and David C.

To the comment about just testing:
Perhaps you are right in this instance, it was perhaps rather simple. I usually don't like relying solely on tests on fundamental behavior as I don't know all variables in question and thus do not know if there are any pitfalls that might leave me with wrong understanding - that has happened to me before. I think others on this list have said something like this - look at all the issues that has been on this list about disable-output and unbreakable spaces.

In this question I also gained new understanding, as I would not have thought of code like the below:

Sure, and you can also rewrite it

  <xsl:for-each select="node">
    <xsl:sort select="@num" order="descending" data-type="number"/>
    <xsl:if test="position()=1"><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:if>
  </xsl:for-each>

or you can use <http://exslt.org/math/functions/max/> if your processor support EXSLT.

I use MSXML 3.0 and I think it does not support EXSLT. If I am incorrect in this, I will be glad to hear.

Ragulf Pickaxe :)