RE: [xsl] XSL, Escaping, undocumented?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL, Escaping, undocumented?
From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:12:20 +0200

If this is really the case, your XSLT engine is severely broken. Which one
is it? Do you have an HTTP trace of the GET request?

> The question is, more directly: How do I put a & in an URL, that  I can
pass
> to the document() function.

Using "&amp;". The XSLT processor should never do a GET request with the
XML-escaped ampersand, though.

> I have another question:
> How do I combine two variables?
> Say, I have the variables; first, second, third - each with the respective
> values 1, 2, 3.
>
> How do I do something like: <xsl:value-of
> select="$first$second$third"/> (in
> ASP you would write >> first & second & third << to get the value "123".

select="concat($first,$second,$third)"

> That way, I could, perhaps, define a variable with the value of  "&", and
use
> it in the URL?

...but I'd be really surprised if this would help.

Julian