[xsl] question regd. xsl translation...

Subject: [xsl] question regd. xsl translation...
From: xsl user <zeelium@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:39:58 -0700

Hi All,

 I'm new to the mailing list and I'm facing problems with the
 html generation using xsl. following is the snippet of the xsl
 template that behaves differently under different translators:

  <xsl:template match="xxxx">
    <xsl:element name="pre">
      <xsl:variable name="report" select="."/>
      <xsl:value-of select="$report"/>
    </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

Following is the snippet of the data that works with saxon
and generates the right html.

  <message><xxxx>
      1.    isctmp1
      1.1.    FastEthernet1/0/0  ---  10.2.2.161
      1.2.    FastEthernet3/1/1  ---  10.2.3.97
      6.22.    FastEthernet1/1  ---  10.2.3.86
  </xxxx></message>

but the jsp page i'm trying to modify uses jdk packages for
xsl translation and it does not generate the html when i
pass the above data, but when the following data is passed
it processes the templates and generates the html right.

data-set-that-works-with-jdk

  <message>&lt;xxxx&gt;
      1.    isctmp1
      1.1.    FastEthernet1/0/0  ---  10.2.2.161
      1.2.    FastEthernet3/1/1  ---  10.2.3.97
      6.22.    FastEthernet1/1  ---  10.2.3.86
  &lt;/xxxx&gt;</message>

I think saxon is doing the right thing as i remember
reading from your FAQ that entity references are for
parser's convenience only, and they are not xml elements.

Could you experts clarify it for me please ?

Also, which component is the source of the above behavior ?
is it SAX parser or xslt processor ?

Is anyone aware of a workaround i could use to fix the problem
without having to use a different processor like saxon ?
(the jsp page is pat of a common component that affects many)

the jsp page uses the jdk 1.4 packages:

org.xml.sax.*
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory
javax.xml.transform.Transformer
javax.xml.transform.Source
javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource
javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your help.

//rick