[xsl] Using not(...a nd ... ) to select nodes

Subject: [xsl] Using not(...a nd ... ) to select nodes
From: "Barak" <barak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:43:01 -0400
Hello!

I'm fairly new to XSLT and have been trhown in the deep end here.  :p

I have a problem I've been beating my head against a wall over for a
couple of days, so now that it's good and bloody I've found this mailing
list.

In a nutshell, I have "item" nodes that have three sub nodes: name, type
and status.

I'm trying to create a node set that only contains different nodes.  The
problem I'm running into is I seem to be losing nodes that I shouldn't.

I'm using the following to select the nodes:

<xsl:for-each select="items/item[not(name = preceding-sibling::*/name
and type = preceding-sibling::*/type and status =
preceding-sibling::*/status)]">

An example from the XML might be: truck,silverado,chevy,on
truck,silverado,chevy,off truck,ranger,ford,on 	truck,silverado,chevy,on
truck,silverado,chevy,off

>From that I want to see the first three in a node set.  However, what
I'm getting are the second and third ones.

Chris