RE: [xsl] Using not(...a nd ... ) to select nodes

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using not(...a nd ... ) to select nodes
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:14:25 -0400
Chris,

Well, it's true I made a couple of assumptions (based on your description) about how your input data looks. To wit: that the values you are checking are all element children of the nodes you are testing (and not, for example, attributes).

Could we see a snippet of input data to confirm whether this is the case?

Yes, it's true preceding-sibling::* returns all preceding siblings. But the predicate expression filters this list. The trick is to get the filter right.

Cheers,
Wendell